MiPAC has scheduled 25 concerts for the summer.
- Campers perform in concert three days a week: Wed, Fri, Sat.
- Visiting Artist performances will be held each week.
- Performances will be held in Dawson Auditorium, Herrick Chapel, Downs Hall, and outdoors on the grounds of Adrian College.
CONCERT CALENDAR (AT A GLANCE)
WEEKLY CAMPER CONCERTS
- “Kitchen Sink” Recital Weds @ 7:00 pm (TBA) – Dawson Auditiorium OR Downs Hall
- Concert C: Combos & Chamber Ens Fri @ 7:00 pm (TBA) – Dawson Aud OR Downs Hall
- Pizza Nite / Battle OT Bands Fri @ 9:00 pm (TBA) – Dorm Quad OR Caine Patio
- Concert A: Large Ens A Saturdays @ 1:00 pm (TBA) – Dawson Auditiorium
- Concert D: New Works Saturdays @ 3:00 pm (TBA) – Dawson Auditiorium OR Downs Hall
- Concert B: Large Ens B Saturdays @ 7:00 pm (TBA) – Dawson Auditiorium
LARGE ENSEMBLES: SAT @1&7 PM
Concert A | Lab Jazz Ensemble | Jazz Choir | Chamber Orchestra | Wind Ensemble
Concert B | Jazz Ensemble | Chamber Choir | Symphonic Band | Symphony Orchestra | Concert Choir
COMBOS & SMALL ENS: FRI @7 PM
Concert C | Jazz Combos | Chamber Ensembles | Piano Ensembles
Friday at 9pm is Pizza Nite, an all-camp pizza party with music provided by our Rock Bands (and other nontraditional groups) in a classic BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (winners get ice cream woopwoop!)
Pizza Nite Battle of the Bands | Rock Bands
NEW WORKS : EVERY OTHER SAT @ 3 PM
Concert D | Filmmaking | Songwriting | Composition | New Musical Workshop
KITCHEN SINK RECITAL: WED @ 7PM
- Any style, genre, instrumentation.
- Play a concerto; sing an original song; arrange a brass quintet.
- We even encourage NON-musical entertainments, like magic shows, ballet recitals, Vaudevillian-slapstick, martial arts demos …
If you can do it, and do it well, you’ve got a shot at a spot!
All volunteer performers must audition their for MiPAC Artistic Director, Tim Martuch, who has final approval on your act. Go ahead – make us cheer!
GUEST ARTIST CONCERTS (TBA)
MiPAC is lucky enough to host several outstanding professional musicians as part of its Guest Artist Program. Depending on our visitors’ schedules, they may offer a free masterclass, concert, private lessons, coaching during ensembles, sitting in on rehearsals, etc.