Ms. Roth will be MiPAC’s Violin and Electric Violin (WHOOHOO!) instructor, and will cover our Viola needs as well. She will help manage the Electric String Orchestra, the Yamaha SV Silent Electric String Program, and perhaps even be convinced to ROCK OUT in a Rock Band or two.
Amanda Roth started playing the violin when she was four years old. She just received her Bachelor of Music in Music Performance (Violin Concentration) from the Boyer College of Music and Dance at Temple University, and in the fall will attend the Longy School of Music to pursue a Master of Music in Violin Performance.
Besides her mastery of traditional classical violin repertoire, Amanda also enjoys the worlds of jazz, funk, country, and rock-n-roll, playing on her six-string fretted electric violin made by Wood Violins.
She has shared the stage with Rachel Barton Pine, various members of the Philadelphia Orchestra, and ex-Trans-Siberian Orchestra violinist, Mark Wood.
Besides performing, Amanda is passionate about giving back to the community. With the help of Rick Henry and Isaac Young, she started OWLchestra, a community string orchestra at Temple University. The ensemble is open to all Temple students, as well as members of the Philadelphia community.
While still being a full time student, Amanda works as a violin and viola teacher, intern for the Philadelphia String Project, and can be found playing for weddings, functions, and pit orchestras throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York.
- Temple University’s Grammy Nominated Symphony Orchestra
- College of New Jersey Orchestra
- Associate principal second violin, Temple University Opera Orchestra for their production of La Finta Giardiniera.
- Concertmaster, Guest artist, principal second violin, Waukesha Area Chamber Orchestra (Waukesha, WI)
- Kimmel Center, Philadelphia
- Lincoln Center, Alice Tully Hall, New York City
- North American premiere of Georg Friedrich Haas’ Sieben Klangräume
- World premiere, Michael Daugherty’s Reflections on the Mississippi with tuba soloist Carol Jantsch, Philadelphia Orchestra
- Collaborated with dancer and choreographer Jenna Wurtzberger for the premiere of her multi-media dance performance, Umwelten (their technologies, your processes).
- New York Summer Music Festival
- Mark Wood Rock Orchestra Camp
- Aria International Summer Academy
- Starling-DeLay Symposium on Violin Studies at Juilliard
- Dr. Vladimir Dyo
- Laura Bossert
- Joan Cordas
- Joe Deninzon
- Zach Brock